Genesis - Make a Bottle Diver
Make a bottle diver
Click on the picture below to see instructions with pictures
- Pull the bendy straw apart
- Bend the straw over
- Cut the legs off so the bendy part is a little taller than a paperclip
- Put the legs of the paperclip into the ends of the straw
- Put a small blob of plasticine on the end of the paperclip
- In a glass of water test to see it floats correctly
Fill a plastic bottle with water to the very top. Smaller bottles are easier to work but bigger bottles make it dive deeper.
- a) If it sinks take some plasticine off
- b) If it floats with too much straw out of the water or on its side add a bit more plasticine
- c) You want the top to just stick out of the water
Put the top firmly on.
Squeeze the bottle and the diver should dive.
- a) If it is difficult to make it dive, try adding a little more plasticine.
- b) If it dives to quickly take some plasticine off.